The Loh-Down

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A nommy weekend

This weekend has been rather marvelous.  Marvelously nommy. Here's a brief rundown of what made it so yum:

The Dip: My friend Ross has been raving on and on about his mate's newly opened diner, The Dip at Goodgod Small Club.  Since he couldn't and wouldn't shut up about the deliciousness of the deep Southern and Mexican noms, I dragged my friend Liz there to see if Ross was just being biased as he sometimes helps out in the kitchen.  Turns out, he wasn't.  The food is actually AMAZING.  Liz and I couldn't stop raving about the Pulled Pork Nachos and Lev's Dawg. We'll be back and definitely be bringing more friends so we can try the whole menu.




Sushi Train:  It's an oldie but a goodie. It's the best place to go when you want quality sushi for a reasonable price.  The variety is so great, I somehow have a three sushi plate line up on my table within five minutes of my arrival.  Fresh ingredients, no measly portions either.

Karla Špetić blouse: While I've been yearning for one of this fab young designer's skirts, it's been quite difficult actually finding one to try on. Like with all amazing clothing, the size 6's have sold out quick fast and I can't seem to find one anywhere to try on.  While they're online, yes I know, I'd much rather be able to choose which section of the digital print skirt I purchase rather than it be a lucky dip.  

Last weekend, I spotted an amazing cut-out Karla Špetić blouse at Newtown boutique, Pretty Dog.  Since it was pay day on Friday, I dropped by today and snapped it up because I cannot resist anything with cut-outs.  Hey, now before you say anything, I did restrain myself from buying it in  rust after buying the orange Cue: Dion Lee blazer and bought in black instead.


Haloumi goodness:  I'm a cheese lover.  I love a cheese platter, that's all you need to present to me if you want to impress.  I made the below salad for dinner tonight. I do frequently say, "You don't make friends with salad" but before you judge me, lots of haloumi, tuna and cherry tomatoes were present at this party.


And that concludes my weekend noms.  Pretty nommy? Yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment