The Loh-Down

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Forever young

I am pretty much a small child.  I am petite or vertically challenged, however you'd like to phrase it.  I wear size 5 shoes.  I clap my hands when I'm excited. I am obsessed with Harry Potter.  Sometime between the hours of three o'clock and four o'clock in the afternoon, I crave chocolate and/ or chips.  

Last December, I was given a Country Road $200 gift card. I don't shop at Country Road, the last thing I've ever bought from was one of their Country Road bags way back in '07. I've been glued to their website for a couple of months now hoping something amazing will appear - a winter coat for example but nada. As you have probably gathered, I'm not one who likes to shop for basics, which is what Country Road essentially stocks.  

When I rocked up to Country Road today, this Foil Print Knit took my fancy, it's $179. That was until I remembered the awesome Country Road Girls prints we used to stock when I worked in the Kidswear department of Myer.  I couldn't do it less than a year ago but today, I somehow managed to fit the Girls size 12 - either I'm wasting away or Country Road has scaled up their sizes. So I went a bit loopy and bought all of this for a little over $200. And it's real wool, none of this acrylic biz.


I know what you're thinking but so what if I'll look like a child?  Alexa Chung dresses like a child all the time and she's one smoking IT girl/ child. And besides, I'm being my childlike self and doing it for a fraction of the price. Who's winning now?

No comments:

Post a Comment