The Loh-Down

Sunday, December 5, 2010

I've fallen in love with you all over again, Alexa Chung



"Williamsburg is sort of like my lover, whereas London is more like my husband. I love my husband, and I'll always be with him, but Williamsburg is so exciting" - Alexa Chung

You can't watch this video and tell me you don't like the lovely Alexa.  She's so endearing with that English accent of hers and oh-so self-deprecating.  The fact that she thinks so could possibly bore viewers is just simply insane. Oh, and she references The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.  I don't think anyone could be any cooler.

I must admit, Alexa, you went down a few notches in my book these past few months.  Your hair is currently kind of lacklustre, your outfits are more granny than glam. But after watching this video I'm in love again and it's just because we share a mutual love for The Picture of Dorian Gray.  When I heard you were hosting a new show, Thrift America, I thought there's no way I could like it at all.  Patience is a virtue that I don't have and when it comes to op-shopping, I certainly do not have patience. All that digging around to find something the perfect find that is even the right size? Not for me at all. 

But Alexa, you've done it again and broadened the appeal of "thrift shopping" as you call it. Now, thanks to you, I want to go to Brooklyn even more. One store that sells Proenza Schouler PS1 and just around the corner a store that sells warm and fuzzy shearling coats, Burberry style?  That's my kind of place.

Check out Bird's website (the first store mentioned by Alexa). I'm torn between these two pairs of shoes.

NO. 6 Lace up sandal clogs

Rachel Comey Juggler Slingback Heels

And like an optometrist now I'm going to ask you, one or two? One or two.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I think she'd fit right in our little crew. Will you be our BFF Alexa? We're not weirdos, I swear.

    ReplyDelete