The Loh-Down

Sunday, December 5, 2010

I've been in hibernation thanks to Daria Morgendorffer




Hi friends,

Sorry, long time no see or talk. That's not because I've pre-occupied with starting this blog. It's actually because some a very old friend appeared on my door step the other week. Her appearance was very belated 21st birthday present and you can't just ignore an old friend who used to humour you for hours on end from the age of seven, can you? I knew you would agree. So who is this old friend?  You remember Daria Morgendorffer don't you? I think you may have also been childhood friends with Daria, she would have introduced sarcasm and perhaps maybe even too prematurely introduced you to cynicism.

Daria unexpectedly disappeared out of my life one day and I never found out what happened to her. They all disappeared into thin air - Daria's neurotic father, Jake and her workaholic mother, Helen or even her super popular sister Quinn and The Fashion Club... though, that was more of a joyous event.  No longer did the kids at Lawndale High have to dodge that strange contraption of an eyelash curler or worse, have The Fashion Club ask them to give you a makeover.

I did, however, miss Daria. These past couple of weeks (1606 minutes, plus many more to factor working hours and sleep time), I've just been hanging out on the couch catching up with my old friend.  So many questions have now been answered and I now know the juicy details of the Tom, Daria and Jane scandal. Boy was that a messy triangle, even Quinn had the brains to acknowledge that one. 

Anyway, the good news is that I've now been brought up to speed (even if I am eight years late) and can now get off the couch. As for Daria?  Well, she's here to stay and won't be disappearing again anytime soon.  She's got a new gig as a GPS navigator voice and boy does she love that as much as she loved high school.

TLx

You too feel like hibernating with Daria? Order your own copy of Daria: The Complete Animated Series

It might take a few weeks for her to arrive, so here's a short clip so you can reminisce until she arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment