The Loh-Down

Monday, December 6, 2010

Ling Ling, I need new bling bling

I'm suffering from End-of-Year Syndrome. What is this very serious* syndrome you ask? According to the Oxford English Dictionary,** End-of-Year Syndrome is "the horrible feeling you get at the end of the year where your body starts to ache and your stomach churns at the sight of your worn to death wardrobe options."

What does it mean? It means the obvious, you're fed up wearing the same boring outfits, in desperate need of a fresh wardrobe start and most probably really need to make a trip to the local charity store and make a mass donation of garbage bags worth of clothing you haven't worn in years. But let's face it, who actually has the moolah this time of the year to revamp their entire wardrobe? Especially when you're supposed to be buying Christmas gifts?  There's a simple fix so I'm going to ask my good friend, Vince to let you in on his secret.

So, Vincey?

A super-stunned Vince asks, "Have you tried accessorizing?"
Why Vincey, are you so damn smart?  I shall hunt down some super cool bling bling right away to give my worn to death wardrobe a new look.

And thanks to Vince's smart idea, here are just some of my lust-haves, guaranteed to make any old outfit look new again:


Lizzie Fortuna Jewels Crystal Ship Necklace


Rumi Neely X DANNIJO Trinity Ear Cuff

A. Monroe Daisy Ring
 
Now, can you see how an outfit can instantly be revived with a bit of bling?   I want to inject some tribal loving, edgy rocker cuffing and bohemian flower flowing bling into my poor sod of a wardrobe. So, dear family and friends, if you feel so inclined to buy me any of the above, I would happily receive them as Christmas presents.  Thank you.

*Completely made up
** Also completely made up

No comments:

Post a Comment