The Loh-Down

Thursday, September 8, 2011

How late is 'too late'?


It's a 90s revival. Back in 2010, it was the year of the flanny. Last year, a trend emerged and we saw an abundance of young ladies who dared to bare their midriffs.  It's only now that I've come to realise these were just sneak peeks and there was plenty more to come.  

Grunge is becoming mainstream and Kurt Cobain is probably turning in his grave. Ripped jeans, double denim and candy coloured hair is now being sported by the likes of Kate Bosworth and Sienna Miller.

Which makes me think when is it too late to do something you've wanted to do for a while? Back in April, I wanted to dip-dye my hair blue, last month I toyed with the idea of dyeing it pink, last night I thought perhaps I'd settle with a subtle balayage and tonight, I'm back to thinking a nice powder blue. 

Is it too late to make a strong style statement like this one now?  Would it still be deemed as assertion of individuality or would it been seen as jumping on the bandwagon?  You tell me.

1 comment: