The Loh-Down

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Missoni for Target


Which designer label do you think of when you see of a multitude of patterns, stripes, zig-zags, geometric prints and abstract florals in a kaleidoscope of colours including rich amber, ink navy and khaki greens? There is only brand who owns these characteristics. Like DVF owns the wrap dress' and Chanel owns the chain bag, it is the Italian label, Missoni who owns patterns. 

During my teens I was infatuated by Margherita Missoni. Brand ambassador and unofficial "muse" of Missoni, granddaughter of the founders of the label, her long dark hair and bohemian style wardrobe of maxi skirts and geometric prints caught me eye. Back when everyone was wearing sass and bide mini skirts and ra-ra skirts, the girl dared to stand out.  

While I love the brand, I cannot say I own a single thing by the label. I live in hope that one day I'll be doing exactly this in New York - typing away, sitting on my bed on my laptop.  How very Carrie Bradshaw of me, you say but honestly, I've never cared much for SATC in my life. Until I'm living the dream in Brooklyn, I'm just going to have to browse through all of the designer collaborations with Target online. I need, want, must have every single item of this collection, NOW! Please ship overseas, please ship overseas, the more you say it, the more likely it will come true!

You dig the Woodstock look too? Everything you need to know about the line's release new month can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment