The Loh-Down

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

If only we could turn back time

I'm obsessed with the sixties, I wish I lived them.  The London scene, in particular.  I love the fashion and probably would have been a Mod if I had lived during the time. Right now, I wish I could crop my hair like Twiggy and Grace Coddington back in the day and wear super short minis like Jean Shrimpton. Unfortunately, I don't have the cheek bones or the legs to do so.

Sigh, now if only we could turn back time.  Hey, but we kind of can through fashion trends.  Last year, we saw a '90s revival. Fashion was all about the Doc Martens, the crop tops, plaid shirts - My So-Called Life style.  This year, it's all about the '60s.  The shift dress is back, strong defined lashes and brows, pixie cuts and Mod style prints.

Want proof?


Proof #1: Madison magazine's One Fine Day shoot


Madison from Andrew Marich on Vimeo.

Proof #2: Orla Kiely's S/S 11 video lookbook


"From London with Love" - Orla Kiely Spring/Summer 2011 from gia coppola on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment